Good/Bad/Ugly My Quarterly Blood Labs

Poppy

U.S.M.C. VET
Staff member
VIP
Veteran
I missed my bimonthly blood donation and I haven’t been hydrating properly while outside working in this heat (rookie mistake).

My renal functions and lipids went in the wrong direction this time.

My a1c held steady so that’s an absolute positive.

I’m going to have to study these…

Attachments

• A1895A34-1550-4E8F-9EFF-6117F0A39D9A.jpeg
    A1895A34-1550-4E8F-9EFF-6117F0A39D9A.jpeg
    398.2 KB · Views: 0
Are they better than the last set? Nope. Are they better than two sets ago? You betcha. Perfection is unattainable, consistently excellent is the goal. The good news is just skimming over them nothing is critical fix it before the wheels fall off.

6.5 is still an extremely tightly controlled a1c. Head up, press on.

I already have my blood donation scheduled in a few weeks.

To be very honest… I was expecting my a1c to jump a whole point or more. I feel very good about that. I know now about what I can and can’t indulge on (occasionally). It has taken me right at one year to figure this out but I feel good about being able to sustain my eating habits…well basically for another 40 years.

One of the side effects of primo is the possibility of adverse affects on lipids so that might be it. I just finished that anyways so that’s all for that.

Still studying.

That’s definitely it. That’s why I didn’t say anything about your lipids. Maybe look into some subQ glutathione.

My kidney function took a slight dive over the Summer as well, and my doc immediately identified it as the result of dehydration. 12 hour days working on engines in the heat, then relaxing with a beer rather than a gallon of water = no bueno. It popped right back with good hydration and a slightly saner work schedule. Probably will for you, too, @Poppy

Last edited:
How have you been old timer? Well I hope.

My downfall is coffee. I’m one of those that drink it outside in the heat. I’m going to try and keep it for in the house only and not be a dingdong with my fluids.

You and me both, brotha! I drink three cups of mojo before I do anything in the mornings and drink it continuously throughout the day when I’m at the office gig. When I’m in the shop, I just get so wrapped up in what I’m doing, I forget to eat and drink and then wonder why in the world I feel so weak and lost five pounds! DUH.

I’m hanging in there. Will send you a DM.

Back