Loving the new RP app

Status
Not open for further replies.

anabolic_geek

VETERANS
Hey fam! If you haven’t seen yet, Dr. Mike came out with his big RP Hypertrophy app. Really excited to train with this.

Provides a nice framework to guarantee progress by monitoring lifter feedback, reps performed and reported RIR.

Here’s a recap of todays workout. These values were all chosen by the app except for some added sets. Also, don’t laugh at the deadlift. I am doing them super slow and with glute/back stabilization emphasis. Im working on my form — don’t @ me 🤣

IMG_7182

IMG_7181

IMG_7180

IMG_7179

IMG_7183

IMG_7184

Last edited:
@Poppy Deadlifts are a great exercise for hypertrophy, just most lifters do it powerlifting style where they rip-and-drop. I don’t do that and neither should you if you’re looking for hypertrophy or longevity. Here’s Dr. Mike giving a demo:

I do rip, of course, but I lower extremely slowly to emphasize glute and hamstring involvement. I also want to improve my upper back and abdominal mobility, as my hip hinge movements tend to be difficult due to a stiff mid section that doesn’t want to brace properly.

You can see in this video that she has absolutely insane mobility and maintains perfect upper back and abdominal bracing throughout the movement.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back