Oxandrolone or anavar for cutting belly fat

Bigmurph6

Banned
I picked up 6 boxes of maha pharma anavar im currently running it with a taper of test prop coming off of a cycle. Im actually working on cutting and getting my abs back and I believe that the anavar has been helping alot.Im on my 3rd box and have dropped 10lbs and mostly it does seem like anavar is working on cutting my bf and around my waist more than anything.I always thought that var might burn fat like it has been described many times over to do but I never believe until now that it actually could burn fat around a specific area.I also don’t think that the maha var is amazing either i know its real var but not the strongest var I’ve ever used but its definitely doing the job that I got it for.I believe that if you are running a cutting cycle you should consider running var at the end to trim up because its definitely working great for me.I hope others can take advantage of this idea and I hope it works good for them as it has worked great for me.Im running 60mgs a day split 30mg mourning and 30mg night.

I wanted to update this thread and its proven that var or any aas doesn’t burn fat but something is definitely happening where when running var that causes your midsection to lose fat.
I don’t know the science but if anyone can tell me the science or reason why ive been trying to figure this out forever

When you run the anavar are you targeting your abs to kind of like guide var of where you want to trim down or is it just business as usual in the gym/cardio and the var targets the midsection on its own?

Honestly buisness as usual but I do switch up my training as much as possible. I can see why people believe that it cuts fat when it really doesn’t.
I’ve looked for some science on the situation and just can’t find any

Actually there is plenty of scientific evidence that many steroids have a direct interaction in burning body fat but not to the degree that the average person would desire. Anavar and several other well known steroids have been shown to severely decrease thyroid-binding globulin concentrations while increasing thyroxine-binding prealbumin. This means that more of the thyroid hormone T3 is utilized by the cells… which leads to thermogenesis (fat burning, increased calorie use and potentially fat reduction).

On a related note… body fat spot reduction does not exist. Except getting a bit of lipo done. 😉

Diet is the foundation for proper body fat reduction in my humble opinion.

Last edited:
I appreciate the science im going to read more on that. I haven’t been able to find information like that yet in any medical journals. I’m going to read more on the decrease thyroid-binding globulin concentrations while increasing thyroxine-binding prealbumin.
Much appreciated im really interested in getting to understand how to best use compounds that help cut and build muscle while not putting on fat.
I also believe that diet is 99% but I still want to learn more about how to best use the extra 1% to my advantage on my next cycle
Thanks brother

Back