Quick update on my training odyssey

Kad1

Pinnacle training and nutrition/MOD
Staff member
VIP
Veteran
So haven’t been posting much lately but figured I’d throw up where I am 4 weeks post 18 week cycle.
I had been training really hard all summer to try and compete in October. Some personal and business issues popped up so I pulled the plug on competing but still kept my training up. Life has a way of kicking you in the balls sometimes that’s for sure. Any way I decided to give my body a bit of a rest and cut my weight training for 6 days down to 3. I keep the volume per session the same and have to say I’m pretty happy with how I look amd feel.
Now I’m still on my TRT dose of test and hcg but no there anabolic compounds or GH. My strength a month out is actually better then it was, even when tren was part of the cycle. I’ve been able to incline chest press 295 5x5, Back squat 315 5x10, seated DB shoulder press 100 4x10 and BW is right around 200 depending on how much crap I eat lol. My recovery is great! I’ve been experiencing very little soreness post workout even with the increase in weights lifted . I’m still doing jujitsu 3x per week, a few hit sessions and 3 steady state cardio days to keep my heart healthy .
Towards the end of my cycle I was feeling sore, rundown and losing motivation so I have to say this little switch has really helped. I’m looking forward to training every day, sleeping better and just feel better overall.
Admittedly this was the most aggressive cycle I’ve done and at my age I’m sure that played a role in how I was feeling. As I said to @Poppy today sometimes more isn’t better, it’s just more.
Point to all this is listen to your body, pay attention to how you look and more importantly how you feel and make decisions based on that info and how you labs look. I’ve been in this game for almost 25 years using gear and over 35 all together. At 48 I’m still learning things about training response and recovery every time I prep for something.
For now just 100mg test cyp 2x per week and hcg. I’ll start prepping for vacation after thanksgiving. We are going to Aruba in Feb and I never hit the beach fat. Lol

I just finished a twenty week cycle and am just spent. Taking couple weeks off then I think am gonna try doing three days a week for a couple months. And cardio three days a week. I didn’t feel like I got the results I deserved for as hard as I was working and the compounds I was taking. Just TRT also for me until
Spring. So it’s gonna be all
About diet and gym time and sleep.

Still a terminator!!!

Is your knee back to full capacity? Big squat sessions!

Last edited:
Knee is still not good but I am able to get through workouts so can’t complain. Going to HSS for second opinion

At the risk of eliciting the response of “Motion to whine is hereby denied!”, I will say that today I am feeling so damn sore and depleted after a heavy back workout yesterday that I’m uncharacteristically unenthusiastic about my next workout and fantasizing instead about taking a few days off–all even though I’ve only done three workouts this week! Everything just fucking hurts, from my upper back to my lower back to my abs to my glutes and my hams up to my traps and shoulders and even my chest a bit from doing straight-arm push downs (really activates my lats, but gets chest a bit too). I’m going back to bed in the hopes that this feeling dissipates by this evening. Ugh.

Thanks. I did as suggested, eating a bunch of pasta before bed, then slept 15 hours straight. I clearly needed it. Feeling a little better today, but still achey as Hell. So I’m taking the weekend off to sleep and re-feed.

Back