Bitcoin halving may 14th or the 17th

Bigmurph6

Banned
Has everyone gotten on the train because bitcoin is about to go through a halving and that means that the number of bitcoin actually available will be cut in half from 12.5 to 6.25. Historically everytime this happens bitcoin goes up in price alot the last time this happened it started going back down once it reached 20k.
If this happens again btc will go from probably around 8k to hopefully 40k but in reality it reaching 20k again would really be a great number.
Always remember im no expert please don’t ever invest on my advice this is just something ive been following lately.

I’ve been considering dropping $500 just to see what happens…
You think that’s enough or is it that really not worth it?

500 with the potential of doubling if halved. And potentially reaching 20k (last time that happened was mid 2017) looks promising. In reality. Bitcoin is at 8907.00 in futures. So. 500 bucks could double in value. If halved and skyrocket to 20k? You are looking at 2.5x increase in your 500 purchase. Now. That’s if the split and increase to 20k. More realistic with a split would be 1.5x your investment. Now. That is just a quick snapshot.

For an amount like that and this is just opinion not advice you can still buy 500 in btc and whatever it gains to then spend that amount on something that you might want to buy but for an investment unless it really takes off I don’t believe that the fees to buy and sell will allow you to profit.

I put 100k in medical and grocery stores (Small caps) So far I’ve gotten a 33% return on my investment. I bailed when the market hit 27k and bought back in at 19.9k. I’m almost back to my original portfolio. From the crash. I’m only 7k shy of my original portfolio before the drop. So I’m happy. Just wish I wouldn’t have had that initial loss. I’d be fat dumb and happy.

This is only a small part of my investments. I still have money in large caps. Precious metals. Mutual funds. And bonds.

Metals are getting really weird I haven’t really seen the separation that im seeing between gold and silver. Ive been looking into silver again and holding for long term because we were around 18$ an ozt and now gold has jumped 200 an ozt and silver has seen little to no growth at one point it was actually falling im hoping that was just a healthy adjustment.

That’s great brother you definitely choose the right time to hold.
The last time people started talking about how btc was going up fast and it hit 20k right before new year’s it was a crazy year.

Last edited:
@Bigmurph So I’ve been looking into this a little further and it looks like during previous halvings us there wasn’t much of a price increase in bitcoins for a few months to a year after the event. Have you seen anything like that?

Back