Bitcoin payment Need help!

dburk55

Guys I need help! I’m trying to order from a sponsor and I’ve NEVER used bitcoin before and it’s their only payment method so for over an hour I’ve been trying to figure this shit out and I read through Bigmurphs post about getting started so that got me to this point-
I have mycelium downloaded and backed up
I also have an account in Gemini that is verified and has my bank account linked up and ready to go.
So now what is my next step do I just transfer USD into Gemini and buy BTC and then do I have to transfer it to the mycelium Wallet so I can then transfer it to the sponsor or can I skip the transfer to mycelium and just buy BTC on Gemini and transfer it directly to the sponsor for payment.

Sorry I’m advance I’m lost with this bitcoin stuff I have no idea what I’m doing.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah there isn’t any near me, so just buy BTC on Gemini and once I buy it I can use the “transfer” tab and instead of sending it to my wallet code I can just transfer that BTC to the code the source gives me correct?

Alright man thanks for the help, never have had an issue with technology in my life I’m a young guy and I’ve never felt so stupid then I have in the last hour because it’s all new to me and I don’t get why they don’t just have ONE website or app for everything not all these wallets and other sites and shit you gotta do it’s confusing as fuck when you start out

I like Coinbase. It’s an app/online wallet that links your bank account directly to the online wallet. You can use CB to purchase bitcoin, litecoin, etherium, and the list goes on. Depending on your status/account you can transfer direct from your debit card to your online wallet… I think the limit it’s 4-6 hundred for instant use. For higher amounts there is a time delay for funds to clear. Whatever route you take, once the bitcoin is in your wallet and available it’s really easy to send. The process to send takes a little time (minutes) as cryptocurrency has its own checks and balances. There is a small transaction fee (1.5%) or something close I think. Coinbase also shows current stock trends so you can see what everything is going for. Usually I add a small amount more then my order and leave the residual in the online wallet, maybe the market spikes and I make some money 💰 but realistically you could just transfer any unused coins back to your regular bank account. Hope that helps a bit! Sorry hard to explain on the fly~

Last edited:
thanks man ! I want to order more goodies and I always see discounts saying If you use bitcoin so I’m just trying to figure out how to use this do you usually buy right from the bitcoin website ?

Thank u I heard coinbase is traceable because it shows your name and transactions and stuff so I wasn’t trying to use it but if it’s not traceable I’ll buy some right now lol I just want to be safe

I guess if there was a legitimate reason for a person to be watched they can trace bitcoin going out but I don’t imagine once the transaction leaves your country (if it does) that authorities are chasing to that degree. More often it’s a customs issue coming in when said package is illegal to the receiver. I’ve used Coinbase for all of my bitcoin purchases. Never an issue with payment. All my issues (if any) were delays or shipping issues. Never gotten any letters from the gov. No seizure issues either. I’ve had friends get letters before a sort of “slap on the wrist” from the gov saying “stop trying to order this” kind of thing… yes they still do lol maybe some other members can chime in on personal experience but I feel that’s a separate topic and a bit country specific to a degree. Added note. My transactions are always under 2k$ I’ve never had to spend more upfront and if something calls for more money I plan ahead and space it out. Mild paranoia maybe but I take what steps feel right.

Bitcoin fluctuates so much during the day.
That you could buy $70. Of BTC and three hours later it it $71 or even $68.89.
Try not to let money sit in a wallet.
I use a BTC ATM and depending on the ATM they charge from 7%-18% in my area. So $100 is more like $89 when I’m done.
Blockchain is what I use when I use the ATM.
Basically put money in and it sends it to your wallet. Then you can send from your wallet to the end user.
It was all Zoodoo to me about four months ago.
Just watched a few YouTube vids and talked to my UGL guy and it is all a piece of cake now.

This is exactly what I was trying to understand thank you so much man lol you just made everything so much easier there a bitcoin atm like 20 mins from me so I’m just going to go there tomorrow and do it that way your the man thanks again bro

You’re very welcome.
Go to that ATM and log in. And you’ll click purchase crypto. Select BTC. And in your wallet on your phone. Open the app for your wallet. And click request and it will give you a QR code. The ATM will want to scan it. Hold phone to ATM and it will copy the address. And then just load in cash and it will send it to you wallet that you scanned.

I was very confused at first. Now it is easier every time.
Glad I could help.

I have level III (the highest) on coinbase and it only lets me by $10 a a time from either of my debit cards. One is a federal credit union the other is usaa who is a coinbase partner. If I do a direct bank transfer for a larger amount ( up to $10000) it will be available to sell instantly but to transfer for our needs here it takes 16days. So coinbase is shit now, I heard it used to be instant but not anymore

Is it possible to just insert money into the BTC ATM and send it directly to whomever you are trying to pay? Bypassing sending it to your wallet first?

Back