DHEA: Uses on cycle and off

herrubermensch

REGULAR
VIP
Title says it all: Who here uses DHEA, in what form, and for what purpose? On cycle and/or off?

My TRT doc prescribes sublingual troches at 25-50mg ED, split into two doses. I stopped taking them a while back because I didn’t think they were doing anything for me other than spiking my E2.

Discuss! Thanks!

Of course I don’t see a pure trt doc either. My urologist just throws a t script at me. Good in a way… insurance covers it and I just use it for a more thought out protocol. I get labs done concurrently through my regular doc quarterly for my sugar stuff.

I use DHEA/Pregnenalone my self. They both are classified as neuro steroids so they help on a cognitive level. That what I use them for. Clarity, focus etc. I’ve not heard DHEA spiking e2 though. I’ll look into that. The 2 together are supposed to aid in hormone balance

I take 50mg in the morning, every morning. In addition to my normal multi-vitamins, etc. I have taken DHEA daily for more than 2 years (on and off cycle). It is supposed to help your body metabolize sugars and it is a precursor for testosterone and sex hormones (NIH, 2002). It is available at pretty much every pharmacy like CVS, Walmart, etc. My understanding is that it is legal for people to purchase but is considered a “banned substance” by MLB and other sports.

" Virtually all sex steroids in the human body are made from DHEA , which is the most abundant steroid hormone in circulation. This natural process begins in the adrenal cortex where DHEA is secreted and eventually converted to either A’dione or A’diol, which are both immediate precursors to testosterone . "

Last edited:
Back