First cycle with deep explanations

Bigmurph6

Banned
FIRST CYCLE

Your first cycle should be a relatively simple and straightforward one, meaning one anabolic compound the necessary ancillaries, and a proper PCT. Do not over complicate this one as test will be the base for all your future cycles. Its good to find out how you react to it alone before you add on extra components. an using a longer estered test (enanthate or cypionate) will take around 4 weeks before the test is “noticeable” in your system, so you need to have some patients for the effects of testosterone to take effect but it will and it will be worth it.

Can you run an oral only cycle? Yes you can, but its really really not worth, in most cases. Most people won’t retain any of the gains they make off a 4-6 week dbol cycle - you’ll blow up quick, but you won’t have the extra time on cycle to get your body used to holding the extra mass while being in an elevated anabolic state. Also, all anabolic/androgenic compounds shut down your natural test production. Testosterone is a key component in your everyday functioning in life, and when you supplement your system with anabolics other than testosterone (that shut down your test production), you will feel the effects of the reduced testosterone and all the gains you will get will really just be water and will eventually dissappear and with your Testosterone production shut down it will be hard to keep up with your training regimen.

Can I just run Deca or EQ or Tren by itself with no test for my first cycle - it will still be only one compound? Noespecially decca and tren are extremely harsh compounds that you should wait to use until your 4th maybe 5th cycle. Using these other anabolics still result in shutting down your natural production of testosterone and you will experience side effects of no testosterone - lethargy, depression, lack of libido, erectile dysfunction, etc… not worth it. Yes, some people have run cycles with no test and have been fine, but that is generally the exception, not the rule. Much better to play it safe then “hope” you are the exception to the rule.

What’s this about gyno? Testosterone (along with a number of other anabolics - deca, dbol) is an aromatizing compound meaning with elevated levels of it, you will have corresponding elevated levels of estrogen in your system. It is generally wise to combat these during cycle to avoid excessive bloating and the posisbility of developing breast tissue (gyno). Two ways of doing this: an Aromatase Inhibitor (AI) or a Selective Estrogen Receptor Modulator (SERM). In general, I think using an AI during cycle is better as it prevents the testosterone from aromatizing in the first place, whereas a SERM prevents the estrogen from binding to estrogen receptors. A popular and easily available AI for on cycle use is Anastrozole (brand name Arimidex) or aromasin which is a stronger suicide ai. SERMs like Nolvadex or torefime generally used if gyno is already an issue on cycle, or for PCT.

PCT - what’s that? Post Cycle Therapy - this is a necessity and not something that is optional or can be purchased over the counter in your local GNC. So all cycle long you’ve been injecting testosterone and you have lots of it in your system, much more than your body naturally produces. So what does your body do ? - it stops producing its own testosterone. As the long estered testosterone wears off at the end of the cycle roughly two weeks from your last injection or short esters around 3 days from your last injection your body realizes that it no longer has testosterone in it and decides to try to make some of its own. At the same time, your estrogen to testosterone ratio is high, meaning you have a lot of estrogen, but very little testosterone, and whats worse, as your body tries to start making testosterone, it converts some of that to estrogen so you have even more estrogen (very simplified explanation of whats happening). Long story short, you need a SERM, peferably Tamoxifen (Nolvadex brand name) to combat these estrogen levels and help your body get itself creating enough testosterone again to sustain your new muscle mass. You also should use clomiphene it will help with starting your natural Testosterone production to come back faster helping you definitely keep your gains. A normal protocol is
Clomiphene 100/100/50/50
Nolvadex 40/40/20/20
Thats 4 wks and how many mgs each week.

Lastly, HCG? HCG is not reccomended on your firstcycle because it spikes your estrogen and your first cycle is really about learning to control your estro. But it is reccomended in your future cycles as a great tool to bring you back faster… So remember how the testosterone you are injecting is telling your body to stop producing its own testosterone? Well HCG tells you body through a LH signal and fsh signal which are both low from running your cycle this will keep your testes trying to produce testosterone. This will not only limit the amount of shrinkage you will occur on cycle in your boys down below, but it will drastically aid in how quickly you recover post cycle. Now remember, HCG is suppressive as well, meaning it must be discontinued before PCT as well. So this is only used during cycle or as a blast between your last injection and pct. I will explain in another post the 2 ways to properly run hcg because there are so many crazy methods out there.

This is what a first cycle should look like

Weeks 1-10: 500mg Testosterone Enanthate per week 2 injections of 250mg, Sunday Morning Wednesday night or monday and Thursday.
Weeks 3-12: .5mg of Anastrozole Every other Day (EOD)
Weeks 4-12: 500iu’s of HCG per week (2 injections of 250iu’s, same days as test, but not in the same syringe)
PCT starts week 12, two weeks after last test shot
Week 1&2: 100mgs of Clomiphene 40mg Nolvadex per day split mourn and night
Week 3&4:50mgs of Clomiphene 20mg Nolvadex per day split mourn and night.

I want to add that if you wanted to 12wks on a first cycle of test isn’t crazy. If you feel comfortable and everything is going good add 2wks.

And that’s it. Simple, straight forward and a great first cycle. Remember, time on + PCT = time off before cycle. So this whole cycle would take you 16 weeks, so you need to wait 16 weeks before your next cycle so your body is fully normalized in its natural hormonal state before doing another cycle.

You should always do blood work its very important to know where your estrogen is and in the future other things like prolactin. You should do blood work pre-cycle, wk 4, after you finish pct to make sure that your system is back to normal.

Also remember that the biggest thing is your diet. Growth comes from 80% diet 15% training and 5% compounds. Make sure you visit the diet section and read about macros and pre prepping meals.

Good luck and good gains brothers

So no HCG needed during my very first cycle? And is Anastrozole injectable or an oral. If I cannot find it can I supplement with something else? TIA

Great info @Bigmurph. I’m planning on starting tren and mast soon and my TRT doctor has me on a DIM/Clomiphene oral. Is that enough to achieve what you’re talking about? And should I not be taking it during the cycle??

To be honest I don’t have any experience with the kisspeptin.
I don’t believe that they have the same regimen. We all know that hcg actually has 3 ways that people like to use it and there could be more honestly lol
Im not sure about the estrogen spike with kisspeptin either sorry wish I could have helped more but I don’t get into alot of the newer stuff until I have multiple real life examples of use to try and judge the new compound.

Just a quick question, In the write up you say no HCG first cycle, but then under the “what your first cycle should look like” weeks 4-12 HCG? So would one need HCG or not. I’m just a little confused.

Its a choice I wouldn’t use hcg in my first cycle if I were only going to run one 10wk cycle just testosterone and be done.

If your long-term plan is to continue using aas meaning multiple cycles just spaced out then hcg is a compound that definitely has a place to help you keep your testicular function somewhat normal.

Even then its still a choice

Taking me back to the beginning that’s one of my original posts I believe I really like that you are digging in and doing the research.

If you have other questions happy to help tag me in by writing @Bigmurph and this sends me or any other member a direct notification.

I’ve never used hcg, not sayin that’s a good or bad thing, but it’s not like a mandatory thing…

Don’t know a whole lot about HCG but why would you take it while you’re still on Testosterone? Besides limiting ball shrinkage, what are the benefits of doing it in the middle of your cycle? Shouldn’t you do it after you get off T?

On cycle usage I believe actually works alot better for pct purposes. This is my experience with the compound.

It can also be used without testosterone at all it has a couple of different uses and on or off testosterone it can help with different reasons.

Back