I’m Starting Glutathione (GSH)

Poppy

U.S.M.C. VET
Staff member
VIP
Veteran
At the suggestion of @NeuroRN…I’m starting glutathione tomorrow. Below is a brief summary of its benefits.

I’m going to be pinning 100mg subq every day.
  • Glutathione (GSH) is a tripeptide made from glycine, glutamine & cysteine
  • Antioxidant that reduces overall oxidative stress & Reactive Oxygen Species (ROS)
  • ROS have the potential to damage DNA, RNA, and proteins
  • By reducing oxidative stress & ROS, GSH reduces cellular degeneration
  • Can reduce chronic inflammation & symptoms related to it
  • Levels decline with age, poor nutrition, environmental toxins & stress
  • GSH supplementation may overcome reduction in Nrf2 expression in age-related diseases
  • Studies suggest improved symptoms associated with psoriasis, Parkinson’s Disease, several autoimmune diseases & autism
SCIENCE & RESEARCH
GSH Longevity Benefits
  • Lowers ROS to reduce damage to RNA, DNA & proteins in the body
  • Reduces inflammation & liver cell damage
  • May improves insulin resistance
  • Often improves overall skin health
  • Works to strengthen the immune system
  • Enhances detoxification & toxin removal, including heavy metals
  • Involved in DNA synthesis & repair, protein synthesis, amino acid transport, modulation of glutamate receptors & neurohormonal

Thank you very much!

That’s what @NeuroRN suggested also.

I am very interested to see any changes on your labs.

I’m hoping for cognitive improvement also. Neighbors are tired of seeing me walking around the yard nekid looking for squirrels.

As an antioxidant, glutathione helps our bodies balance free radicals and stay healthy. It works at the cellular level to prevent inflammation and other cell damage that can make us sick.

Health Risks

Glutathione supplementation is generally recognized as safe, but research hasn’t confirmed whether it’s safe if you’re pregnant or breastfeeding.

Using glutathione long-term has been linked to lower zinc levels, which might be a benefit if your levels are high, but if you’re looking to increase your zinc, keep this potential effect in mind.

Because glutathione is often inhaled, it can be a concern for people with asthma, possibly triggering asthma attacks . An oral supplement may be a better choice.

There are no reported drug interactions with glutathione. It’s always best to talk with your doctor before adding a new supplement to your regimen.

Back