We don't "play" boxing

N8GainTrain

Gearchurch sponsored athlete
This is why we say in the sport, “We don’t play boxing.” This happened to Badou Jack in the Co-Main Event fight between Jack and Marcus Browne right before the Manny Pacquiao vs Adrian Broner fight Saturday night. It was due to an accidental head butt in the 7th round and although Badou Jack didn’t want the fight stopped it was absolutely rediculous and totally uncalled for, for this fight to continue. As a fighter I don’t think I would have wanted it stopped either especially since he was behind on the scorecards and had it been stopped and they gone to the cards Jack would have lost the fight but simply for his safety and for the integrity of the sport he should not have been allowed to continue to fight and take punishment from the 7th through the 12th as he did finish the whole 12 rounds and lost in a valiant effort pawing at his face trying to see for the last 5 rounds. It was brutal to watch but showed the heart of a champion that Badou Jack has. Much respect to him but ashamed that the fight wasn’t stopped.
Image_255

Image_2527

Image_2547

Image_2516

Attachments

• Image_2438.jpg
    Image_2438.jpg
    112.4 KB · Views: 0
You have got to be fucking kidding me they let that fight continue with a cut like that.
Much respect to him for being able to keep going. I mean imagine how much blood he lost. He must have been so weak after another 5 rounds I wouldn’t have been able to make it.
Damn crazy
Banned

@Bigmurph Badou lost his belt in this fight but still is a champion in my opinion. He’s a seasoned veteran but even with his experience I don’t know how he made it through those last 5 rounds. To make matters worse he was simply being outclassed and out boxed by a much younger and much more athletic fighter in Marcus Browne. But so much credit to Jack because he never stopped coming forward bringing the fight to Browne steadily wiping and pawing at the cut and blood trying to keep it out of his eyes. It’s guys like him who give me inspiration and motivate me to do what I do.

Last edited:
That’s nasty. You’d see something like that every night in Thailand at the stadium with elbows but that’s one of the nastiest I’ve seen.

Believe it or not, the most painful thing is not cuts. A full Muay Thai kick to the leg is the most painful things I’ve ever felt. Even my training who’s a retired K1 fighter and one of the few foreigners to have fought in front of the late king of Thailand going 60-70% on a leg kick to the leg has me limping for a week if he is not wearing a shin pad. The worst is the ones you don’t even feel and the other guy lands a few to the leg. You sit between rounds thinking oh you’re all good. He didn’t do much damage. The bell rings and when you have to stand and put weight on the leg. You’re like FUCK!!! Can’t even walk.

Back