Why do you run gear?

Kunt

Couple days ago…

I decided to test the waters regarding steroid usage with my girlfriend. (She does not know that I’ve run cycles previously -naive girl, i know) (Planning on moving in together, she’s gonna find out sooner or later :roll_eyes: )

I told her how I was planning to run a test cycle this upcoming September… aaaaaand my girlfriend was not very happy (…from what I could tell haha) but she knows she can’t stop me.
By the end of our discussion she said that she would be supportive of my choices but wanted me to answer just ONE question…

“Why?”

Why do you want to take steroids. Why do you want to take testosterone.

I froze. I couldn’t think of an answer…
I don’t compete… I didn’t need trt… My finances are not dependent on my physique…

I still can’t think of a reasonable answer…

Why do you run gear??

Last edited:
It’s very simple for me. Lifting and the healthy lifestyle is my passion. I had super low t levels for no reason and getting on trt was he best thing I ever did. Same with getting my thyroid fixed that was also fucked for no reason. So for me it just made sense to Blast and cruise when I can. I am debating competing, but that has never been a driving factor. I also get blood work very regularly to make sure I have my health at the front of importance always.

I think the only reason you even have to answer that question and she was outraged is because the way the media and government wrongly portrays the media and how people who abuse gear give it a bad name. Work on educating her. Show it can be ran safely and make sure she knows you will monitor your health. After that she will be come more supportive and understand.

She’ll also like your sex drive 😉

thats 1 way of breaking the news and your giving her the respect to be honest. …but. she will fell betrayed if she sees or finds out you lied. .
if this is a serious relationship…and i feel if in a realtionship.it should.be all that way.or nothing. …

umm i told my girl point blank. im on trt i lied but a white lie. , but i also had her pinning me ed. and she asjed this is trt. and i said no im on cycle …

i dont want to see this bite.you , if there is a serious relation here…honesty. look at where your at. you my friend are at competing level. and this is part of that scene …imo. honesty.

sorry thought you were someone else my friend. , but still. you have a excellent base your ripped and my answer stands. it comes with it. and if shes open to it.

I can also say that lifting and the healthy lifestyle is a passion of mine like it is yours!

I don’t regret running cycles (i’m not that seasoned when it comes to gear usage)!
She’s definitely open minded and supportive of whatever choices I make in and outside the gym.
I will guide her in the proper direction and work on educating her.

🤣

Thanks for the reply man.
It’s definitely becoming more serious now

I recently came back to the States and rekindled the relationship I put on hold (while i worked oversaes)
I worked overseas for 2 years. I ran my first cycle about 1.5 years ago… (I cycle and pct)

The girlfriend and I went on a break for about 2 years (She went to grad school and I went to work.)
Didn’t feel the need to tell her at the time because of the circumstances but we’ve gotten back together since my recent return back to the states…

Didn’t want to completely lie to her about how i plan to be sticking a needle in my ass for a couple of months LOL

haha thank you! I’ve considered competing but maybe when I get a bit more older

Last edited:
your deffently heading that way. , you dedication shows. … like i said i broke the girl right in. , respectfully here this is what i do and why is well for me.was trt and that led into cycle…

The reasons for running gear can be as varied as the compounds used:blush:. I began my first cycle of Var a few years ago in hopes of having assistance shedding some body fat. Well, it worked. At that point, my desire became something else…I wanted to build more muscle, so about 6 months later, after researching, I began my first injectable cycle. Fast forward 4 years, I have more than my fair share of cycles under my belt. Each cycle presents a new goal. See, for me, it’s all about change… visible changes that could possibly take me forever to achieve without gear as a “tool.” And that’s exactly how i view it…as a tool to assist me in reaching a goal. My goal is always to change 😉

For me there is a few simple reasons I actually run gear. Whats funny is they are slightly different from the reasons I started gear.
When I started I was closer to 40, had been working out off and on for years. I had a bad back and shoulders. All my kids were close to being adults, so I wanted the results and to be in the shape I have had in my mind for 20 years.
Now for the reasons I still run gear. For me I have a bad lower lumbar, arthritis of the spine, bulged discs, and all kinds of nasty back and joint problems from years of hard work in construction. Gear (especially decca) has helped me tremendously with that. Probably the biggest reason is that when I run gear I am more focused, motivated, and my thinking changes drastically. Its like a light bulb switches on…I am happier, more patient, understanding, and a better over all father, husband, and man. Honestly it helped save my marriage of 20 years. So in the end for me my reason for gear is it has helped me be a better father, husband, and in almost every aspect of my life. It helps me with all my back, joint, and tendon problems. It helps me think clearer and calms the raging tornado inside (trust me that is a good thing!). The muscle gains and quicker recovery I get from it honestly are just an added bonus for me now.
Honestly I have been considering doing TRT, as I know I have testosterone problems I just haven’t actually gotten it confirmed yet.

So for me…a better, happier, wife, life, and overall circumstances is why I run gear 😁

Last edited:
Completely agree with you! Certain compounds lead different goals/reasons.
It definitely is amazing to see what different compounds can do to the human body

My girlfriend wanted to really know “why”
Why I feel the need to run any kind of steroid?
Why put the body through the unnecessary stress?

I know everyone has different goals but personally, i’ve never wanted to be a mass monster. (I’ve always stayed around 205lbs)
I don’t have any joint issues (deca), testosterone issues (test/trt)… I was perfectly healthy natty and perfectly healthy currently.

I just couldn’t think of a reasonable answer…
I clearly have body dysmorphia 🤣

Last edited:
I love hearing positive stories likes yours.

Getting some bloodwork done to see your levels of testosterone would be a good place to start! Maybe you don’t need trt at the moment!

Do you run deca solo??

My wife knows everything I do of course and you should definitely be completely open with a girl who you are moving in with. The answer why I use is because I want to. I want to look good i want to lift harder and be stronger. I don’t compete i don’t make money off of the way I look. I bet though your girl likes the way you look and that you stay in shape. I would explain to her how that you use responsibly show her the steps you take to be sterile let her know some things about gear. Give her just a little education so she doesn’t think that you are some stupid meat head but someone that takes your health seriously and makes sure that he is responsible and knows what he is doing. After that then she should feel more comfortable with it.
People fear what they don’t understand so its important to let her know a little bit so she understands because she probably only knows the propaganda they put out saying that steroids are the devil. Lol

Definitely this. I’ve actually never had anyone not be surprised about my steroid use. Usually when I do tell them they tell me they figured I was on them. The biggest concerns they usually have IMO was about being safe. That’s easy enough to explain. Show them protocols. Explain things. And explain side effects such as Tren cough so if they see you they won’t freak thinking your going to die lol.

Thanks for the input!
She definitely has some of the judgement because of the stigma steroids come with.
I do need to hell educate her a bit because just last night she said if i started taking steroids id want less sex 😑 Haha

Alot of miss leading information my wife freaked out at first now she is a member here and at eroids.
She doesn’t use gear but loves the community and the advice

the more i think about it. , THATS A GOOD QUESTION. why. idk. i like it. …see my history is known on alot of other boards. i did alot of time. , my 1st bit was for , saving my 2 baby girls. as i like to think. … i went tru a divorse. i had babies at 18. my friends. …and it didnt work so i took another path …ill just say hell week was a joke. lmao. im trained. and i love traini g. , but dude touched my girls and he is no more. …well i got 3 to 20. , and caught another one in class. someone trying to extort me. so the 3 turned into a 7. ., and yet one more at mother instutute. which i say i did about 13 before seeing street. then i went right back anyway. …but what saved my life was the steel. … i worked out. 4 hours a day and ran handball for 2 hours. … i lifted because my life depended on it. , i lifted because i bacame addicted to it. …i love every aspect of it. …it literly kept me sane. and i wasnt a power lifter. and i surely wasnt a bb. i trained for war. …and i mean that full heartly and anyone ever did a stint in a state facility. knows. what im saying
i would rather bench 225. for 10 sets of 15 , with my self and a partner going back to back. then hit 10 sets of meduium shoulders thats at morning yard , afternoon yard. triceps stomach. and run for a hour. then at nite enjoy hand ball for a few hours.
oh sorry day 2 , back bis traps stomach.
next legs and light back. always. training. .i worked natty 20 years.
then i seen some bitch ass want to be con when i got out. , at gym. , and i started taking anadrol. , yes just anadrol. then. it was test (which he sold me for 100 bottle ) and the liquids were 100. smh. knowing what i know now.
but eventually. i googled the source and i ordered. and he suggested deca , anadrol , test. so i ran it.

BINGO. GUESS WHAT HAPPENED. ,no dick , no desire , no energy. , no anything and that brought me to the sites and here i am. i guess im still training for war. so idk why. imlove it it keeps me right im out of prison 7 years been off parol for 4 im a father a husband a grandpa. a son. a uncle. so. you know what
RUN RESPONSABLY. GOT QUESTIONS I BEEN THERE ASK. IF YOU CAN GET BLOODS. IM HERE SO SOME ONE DONT HAVE TO GO TRU WHAT I DID. AND THATS WHY I WAS ELSE WHERE AND IT WAS TO HELP. AND WHEN I ASKED FOR HELP I GOT TORE THE FUCK UP. …AND I WAS TO PROUD AND FUCKED MYSELF UP.
…I KNOW TREN , MURPH AND PHD WILL BACK ME WHEN I SAY I DONT CARE HOW GREEN YOU ARE. HOW MUCH TROUBLE. YOUR IN WITH AAS. ASK. AND YOU SHALL GET A RESPECTFUL ANSWER. AND HELP. …
SORRY GUYS. I WAS ASKED WHY I USE AND THIS IS MY HONEST ANSWER. IT HAS BECOME ME AND IM STILL HERE. SO. IT WORKS. NO MATTER WHAT YOUR GOAL. OH YA. THANKS SIG.

no actually. i get excited. and i mean those words more than words can say. …im on the sirltes almost 4 years. and. im very passionate when it comes to stressing ill help some one. thats what the caps are. …when you were tore up. , when trying to save tlyourself from deca dick. when people just humiliated a brother for looking for help. …YES THOS E WORDS ARE MY PASSION AND WORD

Back