12 Weeks Out ------>>>> NPC National Championshi

Great experience at the NPC National Championship

Middleweight division had 29 competitors…

Over 100 Pro-Cards were handed out as it was top 2 in every division that received the coveted pro-card.

Stepped on the scale at 175lbs, next day I stepped on stage at 173lbs.

So this was the comparison round, from there we did our solo posing in which we had 30 seconds to display our best poses.

Then we were broken down into when they did the call outs.

I was 2nd call out.

Therefore I did not garner the Pro-Card… Emotions took over after the show and I got a little teary eyed in the hotel room.

I worked really hard for this, trained over 6 months for this show and really gave my all here.

The 2 gentlemen to my left made 1st call out. I really thought I was on the same level as these guys.

Their conditioning was on point and so was their posing.

Actually my posing took precedence as I worked extremely hard on my posing for this show.

Speaking with one of the judges I was told to come in tighter. This was from Vice President and Judge Tyler Manion whom I emailed after the show.

He said you need more mass to your arms, chest, legs and more width to your back.

So basically more overall mass…

I was confused because middle-weight is about the aesthetics.

I was also told by my coach that some of the guys outsized me a little.

I’m upset and a little butt-hurt, I mean I know we need to be professional and all but damn bro…

Just gonna keep working, take maybe a week off, get adjusted, properly PCT and think about my next show.

My placing was 9 out of 29… The plan is to do another show maybe 5 months from now, a National Show and then hopefully I can qualify for another show to garner pro-card.

I got my ass handed to me, but at least I know what it’s like now and I know what to expect. A larger fire has been ignited under me.

I’m just pissed and sad and confused and a little embarrassed.

Thanks for letting me vent my frustrations…

Y’all stay blessed and healthy.

#SemperKill

@DirtyDaver

P.S. Apologize for the grammatical errors, I’m still upset and not making any excuses. I should have came in better as far as my overall package. Excuse me if this was all over the place and didn’t really make any sense as far as the flow of the writing.

Pics are tough to judge…looks like theres a spotligght on you. I know its tough now but gotta get dark! I used to throw a fit if i didnt place well…cry…kick walls top 10 at this show is unreal! I know you realize this. Lots of structural things in your favor. Notice how thr kid on the end in the 1/4 turn…back leg pushed in lead leg pushed forward, all his weight on it. Congrats…you were ready early…maybe too early. You are right there. Pose all year, you get to a point that you have permisdon to hit shots during sets!!! I have some pics to look at. Great job! We have some ringers here at UGM. In the stregth game too.

Thank you my brother, I really appreciate the feedback, I just keep looking at pics. Still shocked and mad/sad/ confused.

I have to get better, it is my goal to compete professionally.

I could have been dryer, I could have been bigger, next show I’ll be better.

More than anything I was embarrassed… I trained 6 fucking months for this bro, you mean I wasn’t good enough to be first call out.

WTF!!! ------>>>>>>> I will use this as motivation to do and be better.

Thank you again for acknowledging and responding.

#SemperKill

Back