$5,000 transformation contest?

Do a contest

• Yes do it.

• No don't do it.

Results are only viewable after voting.

TG

Staff member
What do you guys think about a contest again? It's been years since we've done it.

Contest would be a 90 day Contest over the course of 6 months. To give members different starting times. Done similar to Bill Phillips old EAS contests. You would say what goals are. Required to run a log and submit photo/video updates.

Judging.

There would be 5 judges giving a point system for each contestant.
The community would be able to vote as well. Votes will be worth points based on user and activity. Older accounts have more points then newer accounts.
Sharing to social media would earn points.
Referrals would earn points.

If enough activity/sponsor support can increase it to 10k with

5k to 1st place
3k to 2nd place
2k to third place

Sponsors can support packages however those will be outside of official support. For those here years back when we did a much smaller one I ended up having to payout more then double due promises that weren't kept. Then a mod running off with the money I gave... @rnmuscle should remember that fiasco lol. So with a much higher amount I'll personally only guarantee what I am willing to pay out of pocket.

Let me know what you guys think.

Always think it's a great idea. Need to come up with rules that benefit sponsors. Maybe an entry fee plus for example each sponsor can have 2 entrants that they hook up. Like a BOGO. Everyone should have a win. Id do it. At worst you would get in shape. Yes, there was a hit on me!!! With the core guys we have now. That shouldn't happen again. I don't think it should cost you anything but if it brings in business then it's win/win. It can have 2 divisions. Maybe, entrants can do BF test. I think 12 weeks. TG , I can go on and on. You know that! Oh man, my brain!

Always think it's a great idea. Need to come up with rules that benefit sponsors. Maybe an entry fee plus for example each sponsor can have 2 entrants that they hook up. Like a BOGO. Everyone should have a win. Id do it. At worst you would get in shape. Yes, there was a hit on me!!! With the core guys we have now. That shouldn't happen again. I don't think it should cost you anything but if it brings in business then it's win/win. It can have 2 divisions. Maybe, entrants can do BF test. I think 12 weeks. TG , I can go on and on. You know that! Oh man, my brain!
Yeah with our group now I know we won't have those same issues. I was working a lot back then but now will be 💯 involved.

I was thinking of different ways to benefit the sponsors more as well. Any ideas from @Rep let me know!

i think if we do it, rules need to be clear. whether its a transformation comp or physique comp and make it very clear. Naps fiasco during covid pissed a lot of people off with voting, competitors shouldnt be allowed to vote or some sort of strict cap on votes. Im all for it and it would be fun to have an influx of folks on the board.

i think if we do it, rules need to be clear. whether its a transformation comp or physique comp and make it very clear. Naps fiasco during covid pissed a lot of people off with voting, competitors shouldnt be allowed to vote or some sort of strict cap on votes. Im all for it and it would be fun to have an influx of folks on the board.
This is why I think a points system on voting plus judges works best. It has to encourage competitors to bring people over. Not just do good and disappear. I can gain weight and drop a lb a day if i wanted to make something look like a drastic transformation. Sure others can too.

Set rules on how many days they need to post in their log per week. Participation in threads etc. Video updates would help to promote as well for our social media.

That’s a lot of money! I would expect some incredible transformations for that kind of 💰!
It’s funny, I was down to 165Lbs 6 weeks or so ago after being bed ridden and off all Anabolics for 3 months. I looked like an AIDS victim. But I’ve been back on HRT for 6 weeks and training 3 days a week, and now weigh 190Lb and look decent again thanks to muscle memory and the miracle of 😬 STERIODS 😬.
I don’t think it would be fair for me to compete since I’m a rep for Platinum. I want a member to get the money.
This contest can be a real good way to get a lot of new members here!!!
I bet if you post this contest on top of Platinum’s website, and your other sponsor’s websites, you’ll pull in lots new members, and a real solid amount of contestants. 👍

That’s a lot of money! I would expect some incredible transformations for that kind of 💰!
It’s funny, I was down to 165Lbs 6 weeks or so ago after being bed ridden and off all Anabolics for 3 months. I looked like an AIDS victim. But I’ve been back on HRT for 6 weeks and training 3 days a week, and now weigh 190Lb and look decent again thanks to muscle memory and the miracle of 😬 STERIODS 😬.
I don’t think it would be fair for me to compete since I’m a rep for Platinum. I want a member to get the money.
This contest can be a real good way to get a lot of new members here!!!
I bet if you post this contest on top of Platinum’s website, and your other sponsor’s websites, you’ll pull in lots new members, and a real solid amount of contestants. 👍
I personally don't have a problem with reps competing. They have to put in the work like everyone else imo. Yes I talked to platinum about the idea and he was all for that we can put a banner up on his site to help promote traffic to it.

Would there be an entry fee or anything. Would we want people that would not add anything to the board? I guess it's to raise views or joins, what's the absolute main purpose? I'm not being facetious.

Would there be an entry fee or anything. Would we want people that would not add anything to the board? I guess it's to raise views or joins, what's the absolute main purpose? I'm not being facetious.
No fee. Part of the rules would require activity and posting. If people dont participate they wont earn points that will go towards the end tally. Purpose is to grow the board larger and encourage more activity then just reading and occasionally posting. We have a lot of lurkers that dont post or ones that check in every couple days. What I would be paying monthly toward advertising costs would instead be being paid back into the board thru contests.

Back