Best shoes for squating

Dirtnasty

Bulk Tablets Rep - 500 lb Bench 700 lb squat club.
Rep
VIP
So I lost gym bag somehow and that means my adidapower are gone need replacement shoes was thinking of upgrading for comp anyways. Does anybody have recommendations. Trying to stay to under 150

His looks like dress shoes i do need raised heel cause broken ankle has left me with less mobility than before and it was already shitty. When it was healing they tried to bend it and said oh that’s still real tight. Then they tried other ankle and said never mind your just don’t bend

I used to barefoot lift. I can “feel” the floor and weight better if that makes sense. Just a pair of socks on. But have worn SABO before. And Otomix. SABO is 80-90 range. Otomix 160ish

Yeah I was thinking sticking with adidas as they seemed to fit me well but the nikes have been raves about. Usually their shoes don’t fit my feet wish I had place that I could try on this shit before purchasing

I don’t compete so no recommendations on best comp shoes. Generally for squats I like minimal cushion, but not too close to barefoot and have been using NB minimus shoes. I think there are some that argue for squats some cushion is good.

Deadlifts though, I like barefoot (though you never know what may be lying around in the garage gym, and if you are in commercial gym they may require some type of foot covering). However, I have just recently been using basically a “slipper” that you can remove the sole insert if wanted (Slingshot) and have really liked those…really cheap too. The alternative is socks only, but believe I would burn through those fast when compared to the slipper that has some fairly durable rubber traction at the bottom.

Last edited:
Yes. I bought some Addidas flat bottom squatting shoes and put some arch supports in them because I have collapsed arches. Best thing I ever did for my squatting, which I used to do with running shoes and made me decidedly unstable!

Here is a pic of my squatting shoes. I love them so much, I wear them when I work in my engine shop, too!

Back