Juicing, God, Recovery

Destro2117 said:
66 days today
Im an addict ive been clean around a decade this worries me only because I believe that you should atleast have a year and there is more than just aa saying you should the science supports it brother because if you run a cycle you will be shutting down your natural production of testosterone. This will be replaced by the testosterone you use in your cycle. Once you stop taking the testosterone this is where the problems come in for addicts because our hormones are all screwed up so is our dopamine and serotonin. This makes us go a little crazy and when you have addiction it really comes to the surface and you want to relapse so bad because you literally feel so bad plus your not thinking straight. The last year of my life has sucked not just because of covid but because ive been almost shutdown actually just shitty numbers. I have a bit of mental illness and that also definitely comes to the surface during pct another thing is if you take any medications to straighten you out make sure that they don’t have any interactions and also that they won’t give you bad side effects once you start using AAS or once you stop.
I just believe that the longer you have clean the better your chances of making it through those extremely dark days sometimes during pct and after.

Good luck and good gains brother hit me up anytime

I can relate to everything you said bigmurph. I respect you despite not knowing you as well as everyone else here on the UG. I thought it was a topic that definitely warranted a discussion and appreciate everyone’s feed back thus far. Thank You

Last edited:
Stay on the path and start training jujitsu. Train hard eat clean m, sleep lots amd you’ll make progress. Good luck brother. Lots of knowledge here beyond gear so don’t be afraid to ask questions and train natural

Interesting read, i have 12 years sober. Im with bigmurph, i would wait a year. Get through the steps, get a good routine and than you can make a decision. I’v done one cycle in sobriety, but i was at meetings 5 to 6 nights a week, had a sponsor and a great group of guys to hang with. It was pretty easy.

Rusty what’s up buddy doing very well my friend. Had a bumpy couple days with the fiancé this week however I can predict that once a month like clockwork. Patience, tolerance and restraint of tongue. Love you brother I’ll be hitting a meeting this evening. Got my list of resentments done gotta move on to fears next. Day at a time brother. How are you my friend, you taking care of yourself physically, emotionally and spiritually? Progress not perfection.

AA Thought for the Day

When we were drinking, we used to be ashamed of the past. Remorse is terrible mental punishment: ashamed of ourselves for the things we’ve said and done, afraid to face people because of what they might think of us, afraid of the consequences of what we did when we were drunk. In AA we forget about the past. Do I believe that God has forgiven me for everything I’ve done in the past, no matter how horrible it was, provided I’m honestly trying to do the right thing today?

Meditation for the Day

God’s spirit is all around you all day long. You have no thoughts, no plans, no impulses, no emotions that He does not know about. You can hide nothing from Him. Do not make your conduct conform only to that of the world and do not depend on the approval or disapproval of others. God sees in secret, but He rewards openly. If you are in harmony with the Divine Spirit, doing your best to live the way you believe God wants you to live, you will be at peace.

Prayer for the Day

I pray that I may always feel God’s presence. I pray that I may realize this Presence constantly all through the day.

Quoted from the app 24 Hours a Day.

Had a mishap bro. But just gotta get back at it. Not
Working since November has made it really difficult. Too much time alone.

No sweat man, get up, dust off,move forward in humility. Stay clear of morbid reflection as what’s done is done. I’d bring you with me tonight if I could brother just know you’re on my mind. Think of what you can do for someone other than yourself in the least conspicuous way possible. The paradox is that it’s not about us anymore yet it all starts with us. Ask for direction and guidance from something greater than yourself and to be freed from the bondage of the alcoholic obsession as I don’t know what your spiritual beliefs are if any. I heard a long timer once say I don’t know how prayer works, but it does, it’s like fucking magic. I don’t believe in magic Rusty, or that some deity is actually listening to my prayers when I speak but Damn it it’s like fucking magic. Think of it as energy if need be, whatever it takes, but we’re not the boss anymore, time to turn in our managers badge. Love you bro :v:t4::pray:t4::muscle:t4:

I’m going to put it to you as simple as this. I don’t believe God would think TRT is bad, I think he would understand we live in a society now where our testosterone is literally being manipulated by the world we live in from the foods we eat, our stress, and all the hormones were not knowingly putting in our body from buying products from corporations that are simply about the dollar. I can only imagine how the hormones we were ingesting were affecting us going through puberty and pre-puberty. Especially men who are in their 20’s and younger. But if you’re looking to give yourself an excuse or look for a loop hole in the Bible where it states God would be okay with us doing full blown cycles there isn’t one. There’s a very simple statement in the Bible that says your body’s a temple. Unfortunately theres no cut cards with that.

Last edited by a moderator:
God would be ok with us doing cycles god created everything as I understand it and he has a path for us all to walk. If testosterone and others are on that path it is his choice.

As I understand it

Back