Strange decrease in strength

Xoomd

Running my first cycle ever.

300mg test C pinned 100mg 3x week.
Planning on beginning HCG on week 6, until beginning a nolvadex pct on week 12.

Today is the beginning of week 4, and all of my compound lifts have been decreasing. Bench is down by about 20lbs. I am eating in a clean caloric surplus 2800 cal 200g protein. Sleep and life schedule are unchanged. Have AI on hand but haven’t experienced any symptoms so I haven’t been taking. Any guidance, anyone else experience a wall like this?

Training for? Power or physique? If power. Just not enough calories. At all. That would be a sustained weight calorie count. I’ve alway felt my best strength gains are on high caloric intake.

Training? Are you going intensity training every visit? The body need to recover from heavy lifts. I only do heavy every 3 weeks, the rest of the time volume training.

Sleep, and rest? These are 2 separate things. The body responds well with a break. I will go 5 weeks and take of one week. When I come back no pain and I can reach current PRs pretty easy. Sleep of course repairs and rebuilds.

This of course is my old body. And even younger I was not intense training every week.

Honestly I think you need to be a little more patient and push yourself. As soon as the shit kicks in you’ll know. For all we know you might be running bunk gear

Going for physique. I could up the calories, but it gets difficult to keep the calories clean once I start getting into the 3000’s. I’ve found around 2800/3000 to be about the highest I can go with work and school while keeping my diet balanced (no mass gainer shakes, etc).

First cycle. Usually about beginning of week 5 I really felt it kick in. Unless I was taking an oral. But give it a week.

Upping calories, a little pre workout out I do is Peanut butter and a banana. Great workouts.

Eat pistachios or walnuts. It a easy calorie booster. But then again. I never ate to be BB. I eat to lift heavy things. 😂.

Yeah brother tbu knows his shit. If I have learned anything it’s not a race it’s a marathon. You’ll get there, hang around here. I’ve been doing this shit for a 1 year and a half and I’m still getting progress. You throw up an intro already?

Pecans. Walnuts. Macadamia. All high caloric nuts. A cup of walnuts has 690 calories. I think the others are close to that as well.

I usually do pre workout oatmeal and spoon of peanut butter.

2800 cals does seem a little lean. I don’t remember your stats though.

Make sure you’ve got carbs in the pre workout meal. If I don’t I feel weak as hell in the gym.

@Xoomd

Last edited:
Back