Best protein powder these days?

Status
Not open for further replies.

johnjuanb1

Rep Platinum Pharmaceuticals
Rep
VIP
I’ve been using ON GOLD STANDARD WHEY PROTEIN for 20 years as my go to protein source, and even lived on it with oats and nothing else a lot of that time to stay ripped. I know that’s a bad idea because it’s not food, but I am a book filled with stupid things I have done.
Yesterday, I went to order my weekly 5Lbs of extreme milk chocolate and Amazon was out of almost every flavor. I stick with Amazon because it’s 24 hour free delivery and I’m too lazy to drive to buy protein powder.
My biggest concern with protein powder is: Does this product truly have the protein content it posts on the label.
So many companies have been caught lying about protein content giving only half what they claim. Yesterday, I saw reviews saying my precious ON GOLD STANDARD WHEY has been caught several times which really upset me.
I read a lot of reviews yesterday and every popular brand had great reviews and horrible reviews so who do you trust?
I went with SYNTHA-6 EDGE because I like the protein matrix:
Protein Matrix (Whey Protein Concentrate, Whey Protein Isolate, Hydrolyzed Whey Protein, Calcium Caseinate, Micellar Casein, Milk Protein Concentrate).
This version has less fat, less carbs, more protein, and less calories than the original version. I liked the taste of the original version. I don’t use it only because I prefer no fat and no carbs.
I love Amazon because it arrives today. I only have a few shakes left from my ON so let’s see how this stuff tastes and how what my gut thinks about it.

WHAT IS YOUR GO TO PROTEIN POWDER, AND WHY?

P.S. Hey, @Bigmurph , since Flash won’t be a sponsor here next month does that mean I can enter the sponsor of the month contest by making lots of new threads? I love contests! 😀

Last edited by a moderator:
I’ve been using Rule 1 isolate. Has a good taste and mixes well. Have to get it when on sale or else it’s to expensive. Doesn’t appear to have any filler garbage. I don’t know if Amazon has it.

Wow! That looks awesome! No added crap. I see what you mean. It’s $80. I assume that means they actually use quality protein and put the correct amount in it. Very cool!!!

Ya know honestly i got it that way too a long time ago.

I remember doing the homework but don’t remember the details. I’ve been getting the vanilla flav 5 lb jugs from amazon lately. I hope it’s worth a crap…hahaha

I am a cheap ass. I use “Equate” brand which is Walmart brand. $14.44 for 2 lbs. of regular or $16.97 for 2 lbs. of isolate. The chocolate won’t make you puke.

For tasty goodness I like the ON Banana cream pie. mmmmmmmmm Just expensive AF.

I use the Pro Performance Bulk 1,340 by GNC. 50g protein, 277g carbs, and 1,340 calories. Which I use milk, add two egg whites, two scoops of peanut butter, and a whole banana. When it’s hot like it is. I add a couple cubes of ice to keep it cool while I kill it out.

It sucks brother. I take meds along with my low carbs to just stay “normal”… blood sugar wise.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back