Best protein powder these days?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not preaching bit please don’t do what my dad did and I did the same eff’n thing. I was warned by doc since late 40’s about my a1c creeping up and paid him no rabbit azz mind… age 52…ta-daaaa diabetic!

And you’re taxing your kidneys amd shitting a good portion or that out. Lol

I thought they had done away with the idea that high protein was taxing on the kidneys? Although I agree, that’s a lot at one time regardless and probably too much for the body to process.

I never been a huge advocate for that argument but there is truth to it. Not sure his stats but unless he’s about 350lb he is not assimilating that much protein

I usually only drink two per day on the days I workout. I take in quite a bit of water. I also add lemon to my sweet tea and water. I’ve passed a couple of kidney stones. Not in a few years though.

Probably not the protein that gave you the stones but who knows. It’s just a lot for your body to use in one shot. Generally speaking your body depending on lean mass will only use 30-50 grams per sitting. Your shake about 70 with the added eggs and peanut butter

If you drink the shakes over an hour to hour and a half you mitigate the waste of protein your body can absorb even if it’s 70 grams. Sip it, don’t slam it imho.

I have been stuck on BSN for 20 years. Looking for something better if it’s out there too!

I take in 60 grams most real meals and 50 grams o shakes and yes I use the cheap shit from lidl cause I have a feeling just like alcohol it’s mostly being massed produce at the same place anyways

Ok so that’s roughly 57lbs of fat. The way I figure macros is based on lean mass. So 285-57=228
Now typical macro count would say .5-.8 grams per lb. common practice is 1 gram per lb . That would put you at just over 42 grams per meal based on 5 meals. Even if we bump it to 50 you’d still be good but 60 in my option is just waste. I’m certinot telling you how or what to eat you’re a big boy but just look at the numbers. You’ve heard me refer to a pro I’m friendly with . He goes about 330 off season and eats 50grams per meal roughly

I’m currently using MTS whey, peanut butter cookies and cream. Tastes good, mixes well. Not a isolate so a little higher on cal 160 per scoop. As far as quality I think it’s decent, I don’t notice any digestive issues with it like I do some others

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back