My 9-month gains with GC

Poppy said:
striations are made with diet
And that is being changed tomorrow my only carbs will be half a cup of grits in the morning and one cup of oatmeal in my protein shake the rest of it is just going to be chicken breast and whatever vegetables I feel like eating I’m going to try it for a month… Excuse me before I get ahead of myself other carbs like milk and stuff which of course has fats… You get the idea

Last edited:
Dirtnasty said:
been drinking my liver away on vacations
Clueless Movie Whatever GIF by filmeditor

They have their place. Working the top end of your deadlift.

My opinion only (shared by many): deadlifts are a pretty good overall strength movement but are not necessarily the best for anything other than powerlifting. There’s better/safer options for hypertrophy and general strength. The trap bar is safer, RDL’s are another posterior chain movement.

Full disclosure…I hated deadlifts and strained my lat a couple times which hampered my training on almost everything else soooo I just didn’t do them.

I took a 135 and a 225 dl at a PL meet just for my squat and bench total…. Because I’m lazy…by then I was way over the meet and wanted to go home…

Poppy said:
The trap bar is safer,
Will be damned if I aint lucky I’ve been doing deadlifts the last maybe four leg days. To try the track bar today and on my second set and third rep about two or three inches from the floor I felt to tear in my right hamstring at that mother fucker down… It’s minor but good enough not to continue on today I was going to move to Calves but yeah I don’t think so

Last edited:
@Dirtnasty @Mossy1985 that’s what I’m talking about let’s get this shit in full swing fellas. We don’t do it because of the new year… We do it because of the new gear:rofl:🤣🙌…update for the hammy… I did finish out with calves… Then of course I tried hams again on seated leg curl. 4th set the pull came back… The worst pull I felt was trying to put my shoes back on …it put me to the floor

One of the many things I love about you guys is the constructive criticism. And you’re right there is no benefit in taking the chance of making the tear worse. Really it was my way of trying to walk it off. something LeBron James can learn.🤣 Doing my calves felt great there was no pressure on the hamstring as I thought it would… Never know unless you try right? got a good pump with those bad boys. AS FAR AS jumping back on the hams with a seated curl I went with real lightweight. It was actually feeling really comfortable and good I was really repping it out. But as I increase the weight per set I was back to square one coming from the trap bar. And that weird pressure came back. So I guess in short I pushed myself because I was feeling good doing the calves I figure I’d give the hams another try. I’ll see how the morning does me I’m fine I’m working it’s not excruciating but I do feel good pressure back there. In certain movements obviously brings a pain up just a tad.

Well @Neuro after getting home you can really double down on that question because she is really hurting now… any recommendation on ice or heat?.. What’s y’all’s take on eating cheese for protein?

In multiple studies In the last several years Ice is only shown to give pain relief, and improve performance to injury when needing to perform the same 24 hour period. (Icing your knees between games in a basketball tournament) for actual injury relief heat has shown to cause increase in healing.

Back