Geek's Big Guns Recomp

@Poppy Yarp! It’s one of the reasons I originally started bodybuilding. I’m at the age where if I don’t use it, I lose it. So might as well spend the second half of my life getting huge. 😄

Last edited:
Speaking of which…

Update​

I think I’m developing sleep apnea, which is apparently fairly common in bodybuilders. Got an appointment to talk to my doctor about it on Monday.

For me it took two overnight studies for bcbs to pay for it.

It’s been years and I’m still on the fence about health benefits other than my wife sleeps way better when I wear it. Maybe the benefits are there and just too minute to notice.

I dunno… it definitely was NOT the game changer I had hoped it would be.

Yep. The machine (cpap) and ongoing replacement of filters, mask etc.

Insurance covered the initial study (first night) to see if I had actual apnea. If not then go away. If I did (it was yes) then I had to go back and spend another night with the cpap getting adjusted to my requirements.

Get a prescription, get fitted with my mask and walk out with a cool looking little travel bag with my new machine and all the accoutrements. The machine did cost me a couple of hundred bucks with ins. I get a monthly allotment for free replacement stuff.

They will wire you up with a ridiculous amount of sticky sensors from head to to for both nights. Like a standard ekg x 100.

Gotta sleep with them…observed by a camera.

Aude_Aliquid_Dignu said:
Do you use anything that tracks your sleep?
I use a generic step tracker that does indeed track my sleep quality.

It does indeed seem that there’s been a steep decline in my sleep quality this year.

Attachments

• 7E8244D2-80A8-443D-9FFF-328A1444D057.jpeg
    7E8244D2-80A8-443D-9FFF-328A1444D057.jpeg
    50.5 KB · Views: 0

Update​

Talked to coach and we have a session scheduled next week so we can figure out what we’re gonna do. I’ll be seeing him as soon as I get my bloods back.

He is going to put me on a healing protocol similar to the following:

• weeks 1-10 – low volume & low-intensity training
• weeks 1-10 – high carbohydrate diet (high glycemic carbohydrates)
• weeks 1-10 – Sports TRT at the top of the range (3mg/kg)
• weeks 1-10 – Metformin 500mg/day
• weeks 1-10 – 4IU of GH before bed
• weeks 1-10 – insulin (Lantus 5IU 1x/day or R insulin 5IU 2-3x/day or rapid/log insulin 5IU 3-4x/day)
• weeks 1-10 – TB-500 – 500mcg once a week
• weeks 4-7 – BPC-157 2mcg/kg every day or 250mcg every day

This means my cut is gonna be delayed.

Back