Cutting up with COVID-19

Thanks for the good talk. I’m just hoping to see much better gains than I did cause I’ll be getting rest I’m off days now. Not staying awake for day or two

I use my hex bar for shrugs and I don’t really feel it but I definitely feel it using the roll bar with a weighted rope.

I may need to add back or switch up to shurgs with dumbbells again or do you use a barbell?

I get better results using a cable machine with the rope ends like tricep pulls. But from the bottom up. I start at my waist and pull up to my chin with my hands and try and touch the tips of my shoulders to my ears at the same time. My traps really get on fire then.

I’ve been using dumbbells for shrugs lately. I was doing hammer strength but I’m really enjoying the way dumbbells feel. When I was young I did heavy barbells with 495Lbs but my elbows would snap doing that now.

I’m only doing 90Lb dumbbells now because I messed up my left elbow going too heavy on hammer strength shrugs. My elbows are permanently bend. The arthritis won’t allow me to straighten my arms out. So if I go too heavy it just tears the tissue in there and I’m messed up for a month.

That sucks bro!! 495 is some serious weight brother. Being old sucks big dick when it comes to moving heavy weight. I just am getting back from three different injuries.

I used to do 6 plates each side in high school they weren’t the best shrugs hahhaha. Recently I’ve been using smith machine for single arm shrugs. Been feeling it seems that little bit of angle really hits it just right

I get that if this go round coming up I can’t bench without injury heavy lifting there will go out the window and body building here I come I guess

Back